6'6" Optimist Shortboard Surfboard (Poly)
- 6'6" x 18 3/4" x 2 1/4"
- For Experienced/ Advanced surfers that want a sleek speed for making it through rifling barrel sections.
- You’ll want to ride this about 4-8 inches longer than your Optimist (or high perf. board) depending on your surf destination.
- Rounded pin tail with moderate tail flip for making extremely steep drop-ins. The Optimist Pryme has an aggressive outline and entry rocker so you have the upper hand on late, ledgey takeoffs.
- Light single all the way through with low rails provide reassuring hold and precision speed.
- 3 Fin Thruster Set up - FCS plugs, fins sold separately (Futures, FCS Fusion, FCSII available for additional charge)
- Fiberglass Construction
- Acrylic Finish
- Completely Hand Shaped by Bill Minard here in San Diego (not just hand finished)
Board comes stock with 6oz x 4oz fiberglass cloth on deck, 4oz fiberglass cloth on bottom.
Different fin boxes (FCS II, Fusion, Futures), carbon hits, or other deck glassing reinforcements available on request.
Construction: Traditional Poly
For the salty purist looking to get maximum responsiveness and flex. Built using a high quality polyester resin glass job with premium fiberglass cloth. Designed by Bill Minard.