6’0" "Optimist" (Poly)
- 6’ x 18 7/8” x 2 1/4
- For Intermediate to Advanced surfers that want a sleek performance outline for precision carves and lightning quick snaps.
- You’ll want to ride this about the same length as you are tall or 2-4 inches longer than your daily driver. Go even longer for a winter step-up approach.
- Fiberglass Construction
- Completely Hand Shaped by Bill Minard here in San Diego (not just hand finished)
- Round tail with light tail flip for an extremely responsive and rail-engaged feel. The Optimist has aggressive outline and entry rocker for an extremely vertical approach.
- Light single to double with low rails keep the exit rocker flat for extra speed.
- 3 Fin Set up - FCS plugs, fins sold separately (Futures, FCS Fusion, FCSII available for additional charge)
- Acrylic Finish
Board comes stock with 4oz x 4oz fiberglass cloth on deck, 4oz fiberglass cloth on bottom.
Different fin boxes (FCS II, Fusion, Futures), carbon hits, or other deck glassing reinforcements available on request.
Picture above shown with upgraded carbon hits on the tail.
Construction: Traditional Poly
For the salty purist looking to get maximum responsiveness and flex. Built using a high quality polyester resin glass job with premium fiberglass cloth. Designed by Bill Minard.