Salty's Guide To: Surfer Chow - 5 Must Haves to Get Your Grub On.
After a hard day’s surfing, the first, last, and only thing on your mind is finding something cheap, messy, and tasty to chow down on. Today Salty reviews the biggest and best of surfer cuisine. Go get a sandwich if you’re lame.
- Sushi – What better way to celebrate the ocean in which you’ve just spent the afternoon frolicking, than voraciously consuming its denizens. Between the thinly sliced cuts of saltwater fish and the sea weed, it’s like EATING THE OCEAN, one tasty morsel at a time. And every surfer worth his salt knows that EATING THE OCEAN will make you surf better. Duh.
- Fish Tacos – Lightly grilled, fresh seasoned, flakey goodness on a bed of shredded cabbage slathered with special sauce; readily accessible from dubiously sanitary establishments all over the beach. Fish tacos are desirable for the same reasons that surfers eat sushi.Like steroids, they will improve your ability to shred, and like steroids, they will make you look and sound exactly like Sylvester Stallone after years of dedicated use. Radical.
- Burritos – Surfing burns a whole lotta calories—so what better post surfing tradition than consuming all 2000 of your requisite daily caloric intake—all at once. If you feel like upping the ante and further tempting fate, order a California Burrito so you can inhale your french fries and entrée indiscriminately. Enjoy the wonders of modern culinary technology, refuel, and maybe develop coronary defects—everybody wins!
- Wings – Cancel your appointments. This one deserves your full attention. The only time in your life when hellish oral burning will be appropriate and encouraged. Set aside that diet and dig in. You know you wanna.
- The Almighty Beer – No better way to wrap up a good day on the beach than to grab a brew, spin some yarns, and drink your nearest buddy under the table. Celebrate a day well spent and drink to the sunset.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.